Ideas For Dive Places In Europe
Greece: First, you should know that the country only opened-up to the scuba diving industry in the past couple of years. Secondly, diving in Greece is all about clear waters and plenty of treasures, literally, to be observed in the underwater world.
Iceland: The Silfra Fissure is among the best dive sites in the world, nothing more, nothing less.
Portugal: The Algarve region and the Berlengas archipelago are the best mainland Portugal diving destinations. Of course, it’s impossible not to think of the Azores and Madeira islands, which are at large.
Spain: To only name a few, the Balearic Islands are stunning, the Costa del Sol will surprise you, and the not-so-European Canary Islands have world-renowned scuba diving spots! That’s about Spain!
Italy: The Abyss of the Christ in Liguria is among the most renowned figure in the scuba diving world and it’s found in the Liguria region of Italy. Plus, the islands of Sardinia and Sicily have incredible diving opportunities.
Malta: The small country is nestled in the Mediterranean Sea and offers crystal clear waters and dive sites to all level of scuba divers. The Blue Hole of Gozo Island and the Blue Lagoon of Comino are stunning to dive, and snorkel, respectively.
France: The French Riviera and the southwestern coast of France are great for warm water diving and cave exploration. Plus, the northern coast has some great diving in the English Channel.
Ireland: The West Cork and Donegal region are both stunning places to try some temperate diving in Europe!
Scotland: With more that 70 active diving clubs, Scotland may be the most unexpected diving destination of this list, but it sure is there! We think mostly of Scapa Flow and the Isle of Mull for some great cold water diving in Scotland.
Snorkelling in Europe
Snorkeling tends to rhyme with small islands, shallow shoreline dive sites, and clear blue water. Well, Europe has lots of places that match the aforementioned features. Quickly, here are the top places where it’s a good idea to look for some snorkeling:
- Snorkeling tends to rhyme with small islands, shallow shoreline dive sites, and clear blue water. Well, Europe has lots of places that match the aforementioned features. Quickly, here are the top places where it’s a good idea to look for some snorkeling:
- In Portugal, try the Berlengas Archipelago’s crystal clear water.
- The Balearic Islands of Spain sure won’t disappoint in term of snorkeling!
- Italy has many great snorkeling spots, mostly on islands such as the Egadi Islands, Sicily, Sardegna, Capri, and much more.
- The thousands of islands lying in the Adriatic Sea that belong to Croatia also offer outstanding snorkeling opportunities.
- Whether it is Santorini, Corfu or Crete, there is great snorkeling in Greece.